"Wherever You Are Is My Home" is the seventh and final episode of Season 1 of CBC's Anne with an E (2017–2019) and the seventh episode of the series overall. It was written by Moira Walley-Beckett and directed by Amanda Tapping. It premiered on CBC on April 30, 2017.
The Cuthberts vow to do whatever it takes to save the farm which reminds Anne of the strength of friendship and love. (CBC)
With the future of Green Gables at stake -- and an ailing Matthew confined to bed -- Anne and Marilla move mountains to save their home. (Netflix)
|This section is empty. Please help Anne of Green Gables Wiki by adding information here.|
- Amybeth McNulty as Anne Shirley
- Geraldine James as Marilla Cuthbert
- R.H. Thomson as Matthew Cuthbert
- Dalila Bela as Diana Barry
- Corrine Koslo as Rachel Lynde
- Aymeric Jett Montaz as Jerry Baynard
- Lucas Jade Zumann as Gilbert Blythe
- Kyla Matthews as Ruby Gillis
- Miranda McKeon as Josie Pye
- Jacob Ursomarzo as Moody Spurgeon
- Lia Pappas-Kemps as Jane Andrews
- Deborah Grover as Josephine Barry
- Helen Johns as Mrs. Eliza Barry
- Ryan Kiera Armstrong as Minnie May Barry
- Jacob Horsley as Charlie Sloane
- Daniel Kash as Pawnbroker
- Taras Lavren as Nathaniel
- Shane Carty as Mr. Dunlop
- David Kirby as Doctor
- Neil Foster as Bank Manager
- Margaret Lamarre as Miss Rogerson
- Kent Staines as Rollings
- Tanya Bevan as Lady
- Katelyn Wells as Mary Joe
- Brian Tree as Minister
- Emily Roman as Anne 'Double'
- Brenda Bazinet as Jeannie
- Moira Walley-Beckett as Lady (uncredited)
- Director: Amanda Tapping
- Writer: Moira Walley-Beckett
Pawnbroker: [examining her belongings] Dime a dozen.
Anne Shirley: I doubt it. My parents were given that as a gift when they were in service of the queen.
Pawnbroker: Oh, sure, sure.
Anne Shirley: It was made by the royal potter. Don't you recognize the stamp? The queen was so indebted to them for the intelligence they brought her during the Boer War. That's all I'm at liberty to say about it.
Pawnbroker: Intelligence? Meaning what?
Anne Shirley: Espionage.
Pawnbroker: Meaning what?
Anne Shirley: Spying. For the Crown? I'm sorry, that's all I can reveal.
Anne Shirley: I should apologize to you.
Gilbert Blythe: No, you shouldn't. I was rude.
Anne Shirley: But it was my fault.
Gilbert Blythe: Can we please not argue for once?
Anne Shirley: Can you please stop contradicting me?
Anne Shirley: I'm excited to have a whole new year in front of us just bursting with possibility. The last one was quite an adventure, wasn't it?
Matthew Cuthbert: It was indeed.
Nathaniel: [at the door] Please tell me this is Green Gables.
Anne Shirley: It is indeed. Won't you come in?
Behind the scenes
- The title is excerpted from a quote from Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë: "Thank you, Mr. Rochester, for your great kindness. I am strangely glad to get back again to you: and wherever you are is my home - my only home."
- Ryan Kiera Armstrong performed Away in a Manger in the episode as Minnie May Barry. It's seen as a traditional tune, attributed to William J. Kirkpatrick.
- Dalila Bela and Amybeth McNulty performed Angels We Have Heard on High in the episode as Diana Barry and Anne Shirley. It's seen as a traditional tune with lyrics written by James Chadwick.
|Anne of Green Gables Wiki has 20 images from Wherever You Are Is My Home (view gallery).|