I'm LilyLacreag, one of the admins of Anne of Green Gables Wiki (the other one is SusannahWithAnH). With the help of other editors we are editing and expanding this wiki and making your visit pleasurable.
Being a big TV/film nerd, I usually edit everything concerning different adaptations of the Anne of Green Gables series. Films, TV series, radio and audio dramas, web series, stage productions – everything you can think of. I love the moments when I discover yet another adaptation or a whole bunch of new promo pictures.
I always try to improve our Wiki and fix all the bugs - I can change my name to "Issues-Searching-Machine" (ask Susannah, she can confirm it). I often look for inspiration on other Wikis (like Once Upon a Time, The Vampire Diaries, Harry Potter, DC Comics, Doctor Who and more) and I managed to introduce here several things that worked very well on their respective Wikis. (Thanks to Susannah, she approved them!)
April 15, 2019
I am back from Scotland, back at my uni. Cannot say I am properly back here. I try to check on you every now and then. My life? Still dramatic, as always, thanks for asking. But I finally found some time to finish the Annetoon transcript I started last year. It is almost time to finish my thesis and I am obviously procrastinating. That means you can expect more from me in the near future. I can't promise it will be a coherent attempt to work on one project. Rather some random contributions.
Anyways, back to the transcript of "The Swim of Things". It was the first thing I ever transcribed with English sound. As a non-native speaker, I cannot promise it is flawless. There are some moments when I am not able to recognize the particular word said at that time. For now, I used a smaller font to mark them. Feel free to correct me if you have access to any of the adaptations transcribed by me.
- Write reviews for GGF Season 2, PGG Seasons 1 and 2, and Ana of California.
- Create pages for: families, Czech radio drama, (musical) actors and actresses.
- Write down and upload missing appearances (Rilla of Ingleside, Chronicles of Avonlea, Further Chronicles of Avonlea, Before Green Gables and The Blythes Are Quoted) and update the ones we already have.
- Add screencaps from Anne of Green Gables: The Animated Series (2000–2001), Anne: Journey to Green Gables (2005), "Anne of Green Gables" (2014 episode) and L.M. Montgomery's Anne of Green Gables (2016).
- Add the plot and transcript of the 1966 radio drama. (see my progress here)
- Finish research about the 1947 and 1950 Australian radio dramas. (see my progress here)
- Make English-Slovak and English-Czech glossary. (see my progress here)
- Add behind the scenes info about Anne of Green Gables – The Musical, Anne & Gilbert, Green Gables Fables and Project Green Gables.
- Watch remaining 24 episodes of Before Green Gables, write down cast info and appearances, add the episodes at the IMDb and on Wiki.
- Finish the Polish book cover gallery.
- Read The Blythes Are Quoted.
- Write e-mails to people from Anne & Gilbert and ask them for complete cast lists. (possibly)
- Write e-mail to CBC and ask for info about the 1954 radio drama. (possibly)
Lucy Maud Montgomery and Me
Slovak editions I own:
- Anne of Green Gables – 1969 (belongs to my grandma), 1985 (belongs to my mum), 2015 (belongs to me), 2019 (belongs to me, new Slovak translation)
- Anne of Avonlea – 1969 (first Slovak edition, belongs to my grandma), 1985 (belongs to my mum)
- Anne of the Island – 1969 (first Slovak edition, belongs to my grandma), 1986 (belongs to my mum)
- Anne of Windy Poplars – 1993 (first Slovak edition, belongs to my mum)
- Anne's House of Dreams – 1993 (first Slovak edition, belongs to my mum)
- Anne of Ingleside – 1993 (first Slovak edition, belongs to my mum)
- Rainbow Valley – 1994 (first Slovak edition, belongs to my mum)
- Rilla of Ingleside – 1994 (first Slovak edition, belongs to my mum)
- Chronicles of Avonlea – 1995 (first Slovak edition, belongs to my mum)
- Further Chronicles of Avonlea – 1995 (first Slovak edition, belongs to my mum)
- Christmas with Anne and Other Holiday Stories – 2008 (belongs to me)
- The Story Girl – 1995 (first Slovak edition, belongs to me)
- Among the Shadows: Tales from the Darker Side – 2008 (first Slovak edition, belongs to me)
- Across the Miles: Tales of Correspondence – 2000 (first Slovak edition, belongs to me)
- The Blue Castle – 1995 (first Slovak edition, belongs to me)
English editions I own:
- Before Green Gables – 2009 Puffin Books paperback edition (belongs to me)
- Ana of California – 2015 Penguin Books paperback edition (first edition, belongs to me)
- Marilla of Green Gables – 2018 paperback edition (first edition, belongs to me)
I've also read The Golden Road, Emily of New Moon, Emily Climbs, Akin to Anne: Tales of Other Orphans, After Many Days: Tales of Time Passed, Against the Odds: Tales of Achievement and At the Altar: Matrimonial Tales, all of them in Slovak.
Kilmeny of the Orchard, Emily's Quest, Magic for Marigold, Pat of Silver Bush, Mistress Pat, Jane of Lantern Hill, The Doctor's Sweetheart and Other Stories, Along the Shore: Tales by the Sea and The Blythes Are Quoted are still on my to-read list.
Films/TV series/Other adaptations in my possession:
- Anne of Green Gables (1919)
- Anne of Green Gables (1934)
- Anne of Windy Poplars (1940)
- Anne of Green Gables (1966) – Slovak radio drama recording
- Anne of Avonlea (1975)
- I Know a Secret (1982)
- Anne of Green Gables (1985) – Slovak telerecording
- Anne of Green Gables: The Sequel (1987) – Slovak telerecording
- Anne of Green Gables (1997 radio drama)
- Anne of Green Gables: The Continuing Story (2000) – Slovak telerecording
- Anne of Green Gables: The Animated Series (2000–2001) – Volumes 1–3, 4–6, 7–9
- Anne: Journey to Green Gables (2005)
- Anne of Green Gables: A New Beginning (2008) - Hungarian telerecording
- Anne of Green Gables (1979) – August 19, 2014
- Anne: Journey to Green Gables (2005) – July 1, 2016
- L.M. Montgomery's Anne of Green Gables (2016) – October 2, 2016
- Anne with an E (2017–2019)
- "Your Will Shall Decide Your Destiny" – March 22, 2017
- "I Am No Bird, and No Net Ensnares Me" – March 30, 2017
- "But What Is So Headstrong as Youth?" – April 4, 2017
- "An Inward Treasure Born" – April 14, 2017
- "Tightly Knotted to a Similar String" – April 21, 2017
- "Remorse Is the Poison of Life – April 28, 2017
- "Wherever You Are Is My Home" – May 8, 2017
- "Youth Is the Season of Hope" – July 14, 2018
- "Signs Are Small Measurable Things, But Interpretations Are Illimitable" – July 16, 2018
- "The True Seeing Is Within" – July 25, 2018
- "A Secret Which I Desired to Divine" – October 5, 2019
- "A Strong Effort of the Spirit of Good" – November 7, 2019
- Road to Avonlea (1990–1996)
- Season 1 – November 26, 2017
FAQs and Opinions
- When was Jack Wright born?
- What is Mrs. Barry's first name?
- Which is the best adaptation? Why do we include so many of them here on this Wiki?
- Why do we have separate pages for the universes? And what about some adaptations being considered fanfictions?
- Is Mary Lacroix black or brown?
- What happened to Michael Cuthbert?
A list of people who have helped me throughout the years:
- John Frederick Brown (providing more info about the musical cast)
- Jeanie Dubberley (providing more info about the musical)
- Eva Kollárová, Mladé letá publishing house (completing the Slovak editions page)
- Agnieszka Maruszewska (providing the info about Polish radio dramas)
- Bernadeta Milewski (providing the info about Polish radio dramas)
- Thomas Saephanh (completing Annetoon voice cast)