- Susan Baker
- Anne Blythe
- Diana Blythe (indirectly mentioned)
- Gilbert Blythe
- Jem Blythe
- Nan Blythe (indirectly mentioned)
- Rilla Blythe (indirectly mentioned)
- Shirley Blythe (mentioned only)
- Walter Blythe
- Mary Royce (mentioned only)
- Mrs. Abel Sawyer (mentioned only)
- Avonlea (mentioned only)
- Avonlea shore path (mentioned only)
- Bakers' house (mentioned only)
- Green Gables (indirectly mentioned)
- House of Dreams (mentioned only)
- Ingleside spare room (mentioned only)
- Sawyers' house spare room (mentioned only)
Behind the scenesEdit
- It is not clear when the story takes place. Walter mentions he is twelve - considering he was most likely born in spring 1893 (he was six when aunt Mary Maria came for a visit in summer 1899), the story must take place in the second half of 1905 or early 1906. However, Gilbert states that it is 16 years since he and Anne settled down in the House of Dreams. That occured in September 1890, therefore this story should take place in September 1906 or later.
- Susan incorrectly states that there are only five children in the Blythe family. By the time the story took place, the family actually consisted of six living children. This is a mistake made by Montgomery in the original text, but the editor left it in to preserve the originality of her work.
Notes and referencesEdit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.