|"I read in a book once that a rose by any other name would smell as sweet, but I've never been able to believe it. I don't believe a rose would be as nice if it was called a thistle or a skunk-cabbage."|
This article is about the second season of Anne with an E (2017–2018). You may be looking for the second season of Road to Avonlea (1990–1996), Green Gables Fables (2014–2016) or Project Green Gables (2015–2018).
Season 2 is the second season of the Canadian TV series Anne with an E (2017–2019). The renewal of Anne with an E for a second season was announced by CBC and Netflix on August 3, 2017.
The whole season was first released on Netflix on July 6, 2018. It premiered on CBC with "Youth Is the Season of Hope" on September 23, 2018, and ended with "The Growing Good of the World" on November 18, 2018.
- Assistant Director: Sorcha Vasey
- Directors: Helen Shaver, Amanda Tapping, Anne Wheeler
- Director of Photography: Jackson Parrell
- Executive Producer: Moira Walley-Beckett
- Writers: Moira Walley-Beckett, Jane Maggs, Shernold Edwards, Kathryn Borel, Amanda Fahey, Naledi Jackson
The following information was taken from the IMDb Cast & Crew page. It should not be considered to be a definitive and accurate list until further confirmation by a relevant source (such as statements made by cast and crew themselves, official press releases or the episode ending credits).
- Cast: Elana Dunkelman (Pixie Haired Woman), Delphine Roussel (Marilla's Mother)
- Art Department: Jacques Fortier
- Assistant Director: Danny McLeod, MK Morris
- Camera and Electrical Department: Dwain Barrick, Dan Wallace
- Casting Department: Jesse Griffiths
- Costume Designer: Alexander Reda
- Editor: Stephen Philipson, D. Gillian Truster
- Makeup Department: Omar Roessler
- Producers: Jane Maggs
- Production Design: Jean-François Campeau
- Sound Department: Brian Horrell, Danielle McBride, Alexander Rosborough
- Special Effects: Derek Liscoumb, Kirk Middleton, Michele Sloss
- Transportation Department: James Strike
- Other Crew: William Flower, Stacy Scalisi
|Season 2 Episodes|
|No.||Episode||Directed by||Written by||Original air date|
|1||Helen Shaver||Moira Walley-Beckett||July 6, 2018|
|The Cuthberts' boarders stir excitement with a question: Could there be gold in Avonlea? Elsewhere, Gilbert makes a new friend at sea.|
|2||Paul Fox||Shernold Edwards||July 6, 2018|
|The steamer lands in Trinidad, bringing Bash face to face with his past. The Barrys get behind the gold rush, but Matthew and Marilla aren't so sure.|
|3||Ken Girotti||Kathryn Borel, Jr.||July 6, 2018|
|An adventure away with the Barrys teaches Anne to trust her instincts. Marilla begins to suspect that her boarders aren’t as innocent as they seem.|
|4||Anne Wheeler||Jane Maggs||July 6, 2018|
|Anne writes letters as an "agent of romance" while Diana trains at home to be a lady. A life-changing encounter steers Gilbert toward his destiny.|
|5||Norma Bailey||Amanda Fahey||July 6, 2018|
|A game of spin the bottle prompts burning questions about love and beauty. Anne and Cole bond over their differences as Gilbert makes his way home.|
|6||Ken Girotti||Naledi Jackson||July 6, 2018|
|Anne faces the world with a shocking new look while the town preps for its annual Christmas pantomime. Gilbert and Bash join the Cuthberts for dinner.|
|7||Anne Wheeler||Jane Maggs||July 6, 2018|
|Cole accompanies the girls to Aunt Josephine's for a lavish party filled with surprises. Back at home, Marilla's health takes a worrisome turn.|
|8||Amanda Tapping||Shernold Edwards||July 6, 2018|
|With a wedding on the horizon, Anne wonders what kind of bride she'd like to be. Marilla sees an oculist, and Bash meets a friendly face in "The Bog."|
|9||Paul Fox||Moira Walley-Beckett||July 6, 2018|
|A brand-new teacher brings unconventional methods -- and a motorbike -- to Avonlea. Gilbert's plan to speed up his studies leaves Bash feeling lost.|
|10||Paul Fox||Moira Walley-Beckett||July 6, 2018|
|Anne rallies her friends to save Miss Stacy in the wake of a disastrous incident. Bash gets an unexpected gift, and Cole makes a surprising choice.|
Behind the scenesEdit
- The filming officially began on September 26, 2017, in Prince Edward Island.
- The filming locations included Cape Tryon Light (Prince Edward Island coastline).
- The season premiere was directed by Helen Shaver. Amanda Tapping returned to direct another episode in February. Both Shaver and Tapping already worked on Season 1 episodes, "I Am No Bird, and No Net Ensnares Me" and "Wherever You Are Is My Home" respectively.
- Anne Dixon is no longer the costume designer of the series.
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMlQz57mbc8
- ↑ http://www.cbc.ca/anne/videos/season-2/anne-with-an-e-season-2-official-trailer
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 https://www.instagram.com/p/BZqwPhTDJNQ/?taken-by=helen.shaver
- ↑ https://www.instagram.com/p/Be_MzlQFJK-/?taken-by=amybethmcnulty
- ↑ https://www.instagram.com/p/BZhbnUrnEOp/?taken-by=moirawalleybeckett
- ↑ https://twitter.com/amandatapping/status/909866831350874112
- ↑ https://www.instagram.com/p/BZlanaNDmyD/?taken-by=dixon_anne