|"I read in a book once that a rose by any other name would smell as sweet, but I've never been able to believe it. I don't believe a rose would be as nice if it was called a thistle or a skunk-cabbage."|
This article is about the second season of Anne with an E (2017–2019). You may be looking for the second season of Road to Avonlea (1990–1996), Green Gables Fables (2014–2016) or Project Green Gables (2015–2018).
Season 2 is the second season of the Canadian TV series Anne with an E (2017–2019). The renewal of Anne with an E for a second season was announced by CBC and Netflix on August 3, 2017.
The whole season was first released on Netflix on July 6, 2018. It premiered on CBC with "Youth Is the Season of Hope" on September 23, 2018, and ended with "The Growing Good of the World" on November 18, 2018.
Welcome back to Green Gables — Anne's beloved world of Green Gables becomes a much bigger place, with new faces and heartfelt lessons about love, loss and growing up.
- Associate Producer: Patricia Curmi (10/10)
- Co-producer: Amanda Fahey (10/10)
- Creator: Moira Walley-Beckett (10/10)
- Director: Paul Fox (3/10), Ken Girotti (2/10), Anne Wheeler (2/10), Norma Bailey (1/10), Helen Shaver (1/10), Amanda Tapping (1/10)
- Executive Producers: Miranda de Pencier (10/10), Debra Hayward (10/10), Ken Girotti (10/10), Alison Owen (10/10), Moira Walley-Beckett (10/10)
- Producer: John Calvert (10/10)
- Supervising Producers: Shernold Edwards (10/10), Jane Maggs (10/10)
- Writer: Moira Walley-Beckett (3/10), Shernold Edwards (2/10), Jane Maggs (2/10), Kathryn Borel, Jr. (1/10), Amanda Fahey (1/10), Naledi Jackson (1/10)
- Assistant Director: Sorcha Vasey
- Director of Photography: Jackson Parrell
The following information was taken from the IMDb Cast & Crew page. It should not be considered to be a definitive and accurate list until further confirmation by a relevant source (such as statements made by cast and crew themselves, official press releases or the episode ending credits).
- Art Department: Jacques Fortier
- Assistant Director: Danny McLeod, MK Morris
- Camera and Electrical Department: Dwain Barrick, Dan Wallace
- Casting Department: Jesse Griffiths
- Costume Designer: Alexander Reda
- Editor: Stephen Philipson, D. Gillian Truster
- Makeup Department: Omar Roessler
- Producers: Jane Maggs
- Production Design: Jean-François Campeau
- Sound Department: Brian Horrell, Danielle McBride, Alexander Rosborough
- Special Effects: Derek Liscoumb, Kirk Middleton, Michele Sloss
- Transportation Department: James Strike
- Other Crew: William Flower, Stacy Scalisi
|Anne With An E Season 2 Episodes|
|No.||Episode||Directed by||Written by||Original air date|
|1||"Youth Is the Season of Hope"||Helen Shaver||Moira Walley-Beckett||July 6, 2018|
|The Cuthberts' boarders stir excitement with a question: Could there be gold in Avonlea? Elsewhere, Gilbert makes a new friend at sea.|
|2||"Signs Are Small Measurable Things, But Interpretations Are Illimitable"||Paul Fox||Shernold Edwards||July 6, 2018|
|The steamer lands in Trinidad, bringing Bash face to face with his past. The Barrys get behind the gold rush, but Matthew and Marilla aren't so sure.|
|3||"The True Seeing Is Within"||Ken Girotti||Kathryn Borel, Jr.||July 6, 2018|
|An adventure away with the Barrys teaches Anne to trust her instincts. Marilla begins to suspect that her boarders aren’t as innocent as they seem.|
|4||"The Painful Eagerness of Unfed Hope"||Anne Wheeler||Jane Maggs||July 6, 2018|
|Anne writes letters as an "agent of romance" while Diana trains at home to be a lady. A life-changing encounter steers Gilbert toward his destiny.|
|5||"The Determining Acts of Her Life"||Norma Bailey||Amanda Fahey||July 6, 2018|
|A game of spin the bottle prompts burning questions about love and beauty. Anne and Cole bond over their differences as Gilbert makes his way home.|
|6||"I Protest Against Any Absolute Conclusion"||Ken Girotti||Naledi Jackson||July 6, 2018|
|Anne faces the world with a shocking new look while the town preps for its annual Christmas pantomime. Gilbert and Bash join the Cuthberts for dinner.|
|7||"Memory Has as Many Moods as the Temper"||Anne Wheeler||Jane Maggs||July 6, 2018|
|Cole accompanies the girls to Aunt Josephine's for a lavish party filled with surprises. Back at home, Marilla's health takes a worrisome turn.|
|"Struggling Against the Perception of Facts"||Amanda Tapping||Shernold Edwards||July 6, 2018|
|With a wedding on the horizon, Anne wonders what kind of bride she'd like to be. Marilla sees an oculist, and Bash meets a friendly face in "The Bog."|
|9||"What We Have Been Makes Us What We Are"||Paul Fox||Moira Walley-Beckett||July 6, 2018|
|A brand-new teacher brings unconventional methods -- and a motorbike -- to Avonlea. Gilbert's plan to speed up his studies leaves Bash feeling lost.|
|10||"The Growing Good of the World"||Paul Fox||Moira Walley-Beckett||July 6, 2018|
|Anne rallies her friends to save Miss Stacy in the wake of a disastrous incident. Bash gets an unexpected gift, and Cole makes a surprising choice.|
The whole season premiered on Netflix on July 6, 2018. It was later released on CBC, following the established weekly schedule. The first episode was broadcast on September 23, 2018, and the season concluded on November 18, 2018.
The broadcasting in Slovakia is managed by the state broadcaster RTVS and one of its channels, Jednotka. The second season of Anna zo Zeleného domu (lit: Anne of Green House) premiered on Jednotka on December 28, 2019, and will conclude on January 6, 2020. The show is broadcast with Slovak dubbing.
Behind the scenes
- The filming officially began on September 26, 2017, in Prince Edward Island.
- The filming locations included Cape Tryon Light (Prince Edward Island coastline).
- The season premiere was directed by Helen Shaver. Amanda Tapping returned to direct another episode in February. Both Shaver and Tapping already worked on Season 1 episodes, "I Am No Bird, and No Net Ensnares Me" and "Wherever You Are Is My Home" respectively.
- Anne Dixon is no longer the costume designer of the series.