|"If Cordelia isn't your name, what is?"|
Is Rachel Lynde (CBC) the article you are looking for? Anne of Green Gables Wiki has separate articles for the various portrayals of Rachel Lynde in the books, films, television series and other media. For a list of all versions, see our disambiguation portal.
From the Hebrew name רָחֵל (Rachel) meaning "ewe". In the Old Testament this is the name of the favourite wife of Jacob. The name was common among Jews in the Middle Ages, but it was not generally used as a Christian name in the English-speaking world until after the Protestant Reformation. A notable bearer was the American conservationist Rachel Carson (1907-1964).
Behind the scenesEdit
- The CBC website describes her as, The Cuthberts' formidable neighbor and Marilla's only friend, Rachel's favorite hobby is gossip and she loves nothing more dearly than being asked for advice.
|Anne of Green Gables Wiki has 62 images of Rachel Lynde (view gallery).|
Season 1 (Anne with an E)
- "Your Will Shall Decide Your Destiny"
- "I Am No Bird, and No Net Ensnares Me"
- "But What Is So Headstrong as Youth?"
- "An Inward Treasure Born"
- "Tightly Knotted to a Similar String"
- "Remorse Is the Poison of Life"
- "Wherever You Are Is My Home"
Season 2 (Anne with an E)
- "Youth Is the Season of Hope"
- "Signs Are Small Measurable Things, But Interpretations Are Illimitable"
- "The Painful Eagerness of Unfed Hope"
- "The Determining Acts of Her Life"
- "I Protest Against Any Absolute Conclusion"
- "Struggling Against the Perception of Facts"
- "What We Have Been Makes Us What We Are"
- "The Growing Good of the World"
| Billy Andrews · Jane Andrews · Prissy Andrews · Diana Barry · Eliza Barry · Minnie May Barry · William Barry|
Jerry Baynard · Gilbert Blythe · Tillie Boulter · Marilla Cuthbert · Matthew Cuthbert · Ruby Gillis · Sebastian Lacroix
Rachel Lynde · Cole Mackenzie · Mary · Mr. Phillips · Josie Pye · Anne Shirley · Charlie Sloane · Moody Spurgeon
| Mr. Andrews · Mrs. Andrews · Mr. Avery · Bank Manager · Josephine Barry · Mrs. Blewett · John Blythe · Constance|
Michael Cuthbert · Doctor · Mr. Dunlop · Mr. Gillis · Mrs. Gillis · Mr. Hammond · Mrs. Hammond · Hazel · Jeannie · Mary Joe
Jocelyn · Thomas Lynde · Matron · Minister · Mrs. Morrison · Nathaniel · Pawnbroker · Mrs. Pye · Miss Rogerson · Rollings
Mrs. Spencer · Stationmaster · Dr. Ward