|"If Cordelia isn't your name, what is?"|
Is Rachel Lynde (CBC) the article you are looking for? Anne of Green Gables Wiki has separate articles for the various portrayals of Rachel Lynde in the books, films, television series and other media. For a list of all versions, see our disambiguation portal.
|This article or section is a stub. Please help Anne of Green Gables Wiki by expanding it.|
Rachel was born in the 1820s, most likely in Avonlea. She attended school with Marilla and Matthew and knew them since childhood.
When she was eighteen Rachel married Thomas Lynde, a quiet and unassuming man. Eliza Barry notes that he never makes any decisions without consulting his wife. Together they had twelve children, two of whom died in infancy. She often speaks of her oldest son, Thomas Jr. who burned down their shed several times.
Life with Anne
Rachel is much shorter than Marilla with grey hair that she keeps in a bun, a round face and a warm smile.
Rachel loves to gossip, never being able to keep a secret for longer than five minutes. She is also very stubborn. Once she gets her mind set on doing something, she won't stop until she succeeds.
Marilla was Rachel's best friend since their school years. They are so close Rachel has a tendency to burst through the door of Green Gables without knocking. Like Diana and Anne, they are always there for each other and despite their sometimes differing ideas, they still remain close.
Rachel married Thomas Lynde when she was eighteen. Thomas is quiet and unassuming and relies on his wife for quite a bit. William Barry noted it was "rather undignified" how he never made a decision without her.
Rachel is a female given name of Hebrew origin and means ewe or female sheep.
Behind the scenes
- The CBC website describes her as, The Cuthberts' formidable neighbor and Marilla's only friend, Rachel's favorite hobby is gossip and she loves nothing more dearly than being asked for advice.
|Anne of Green Gables Wiki has 58 images of Rachel Lynde (view gallery).|
Season 1 (Anne with an E)
- "Your Will Shall Decide Your Destiny"
- "I Am No Bird, and No Net Ensnares Me"
- "But What Is So Headstrong as Youth?"
- "An Inward Treasure Born"
- "Tightly Knotted to a Similar String"
- "Remorse Is the Poison of Life"
- "Wherever You Are Is My Home"
Season 2 (Anne with an E)
- "Youth Is the Season of Hope"
- "Signs Are Small Measurable Things, But Interpretations Are Illimitable"
- "The Painful Eagerness of Unfed Hope"
- "The Determining Acts of Her Life"
- "I Protest Against Any Absolute Conclusion"
- "Struggling Against the Perception of Facts"
- "What We Have Been Makes Us What We Are"
- "The Growing Good of the World"
Season 3 (Anne with an E)
- "A Secret Which I Desired to Divine"
- "There Is Something at Work in My Soul Which I Do Not Understand"
- "What Can Stop the Determined Heart"
- "A Hope of Meeting You in Another World"
- "I Am Fearless and Therefore Powerful"
- "The Summit of My Desires"
- "A Strong Effort of the Spirit of Good"
- "Great and Sudden Change"
- "A Dense and Frightful Darkness" (mentioned only)