Josephine takes a liking to Anne after she saves the life of Minnie May. In Anne With an E, Anne decides that Josephine is going to be her role model.
Gertrude is Ms Barry's deceased partner. She is not a character in the book. It is implied that they had a secret Boston Marriage in Season 2.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Deborah Grover portrays Josephine in the Canadian TV series Anne with an E (2017–2019). She also played Overseer's Wife in Anne of Green Gables: A New Beginning (2008).
|Anne of Green Gables Wiki has 16 images of Josephine Barry (view gallery).|
Season 1 (Anne with an E)
Season 2 (Anne with an E)
- "Youth Is the Season of Hope" (mentioned only)
- "Signs Are Small Measurable Things, But Interpretations Are Illimitable" (mentioned only)
- "The True Seeing Is Within"
- "Memory Has as Many Moods as the Temper"
- "The Growing Good of the World"
Season 3 (Anne with an E)
- "There Is Something at Work in My Soul Which I Do Not Understand"
- "A Hope of Meeting You in Another World"
- "Great and Sudden Change"
- "The Better Feeling of My Heart"