John is Gilbert’s father. John raised Gilbert on his own after his wife died giving birth to their son. Gilbert shares his father’s love of travel and accompanied him on a train trip to Alberta before his death.
He briefly dated Marilla Cuthbert when they were much younger. They broke up because John wanted to travel and see the world, whereas Marilla wanted to stay in Avonlea to take of her brother, Matthew and Green Gables
Behind the scenesEdit
- Wayne Best portrayed John in the Canadian TV series Anne with an E (2017–2019).
- Darren Eisnor played young John in the flashback scenes.
|Anne of Green Gables Wiki has 5 images of John Blythe (view gallery).|
Season 1 (Anne with an E)
Season 2 (Anne with an E)
- "Signs Are Small Measurable Things, But Interpretations Are Illimitable" (mentioned only)
- "The Painful Eagerness of Unfed Hope" (mentioned only)
- "The Determining Acts of Her Life" (mentioned only)