|"If Cordelia isn't your name, what is?"|
Is Jerry Baynard the article you are looking for? Anne of Green Gables Wiki has separate articles for the various portrayals of Jerry Buote in the books, films, television series and other media. For a list of all versions, see our disambiguation portal.
Jerry comes from a very large and poor family of Acadian trappers. Instead of going to school, Jerry must work to help provide for his family.
Anne saw Jerry as a rival when he was hired as a farmhand at Green Gables. Anne wanted to prove that a girl could do all the things a boy could do and more, so that Marilla wouldn't be tempted to adopt a boy instead.
Jerry has short brown hair, fair skin and brown eyes.
Jerry is easygoing and practical. He is hardworking and not prone to flights of fancy like Anne.
Anne Shirley Cuthbert Edit
Anne resented Jerry for "displacing [her] position in [her] very first family," since she had wanted to show her worth by helping out outdoors.
As of season 2, they have a sibling-like relationship. Anne and Jerry have become closer and she decides to teach him how to read and write.
Jerry took an immediate liking to Diana. He has been known to flirt with her and in Season 3, Episode 4 she gets an idea of Jerry's home life and spends some time with his family. In Season 3 Episode 5, Jerry gives Diana the book Frankenstein and Diana walks home from school with him. In Season 3, Episode 6, the two share a secret kiss at the Island Fair.
Jerry is a short form of Jeremy, Jerome, Gerald, Geraldine and similar names.
Behind the scenesEdit
- The CBC website describes him as, Jerry is a young French Canadian farmhand. Because of his stoic, implacable, practical nature, he and Anne bicker constantly.
|Anne of Green Gables Wiki has 11 images of Jerry Buote (view category).|
Season 1 (Anne with an E)
- "Your Will Shall Decide Your Destiny"
- "I Am No Bird, and No Net Ensnares Me"
- "But What Is So Headstrong as Youth?"
- "An Inward Treasure Born"
- "Tightly Knotted to a Similar String"
- "Remorse Is the Poison of Life" (mentioned only)
- "Wherever You Are Is My Home"
Season 2 (Anne with an E)
- "Youth Is the Season of Hope"
- "Signs Are Small Measurable Things, But Interpretations Are Illimitable"
- "The True Seeing Is Within"
- "The Painful Eagerness of Unfed Hope"
- "The Determining Acts of Her Life"
- "I Protest Against Any Absolute Conclusion"
- "What We Have Been Makes Us What We Are"
- "The Growing Good of the World"
Season 3 (Anne with an E)
- "A Secret Which I Desired to Divine"
- "What Can Stop the Determined Heart"
- "A Hope of Meeting You in Another World"
- "I Am Fearless and Therefore Powerful"
- "The Summit of My Desires"
- "A Strong Effort of the Spirit of Good"
- "Great and Sudden Change"
- "The Better Feeling of My Heart"