|"If Cordelia isn't your name, what is?"|
Is Jerry Baynard the article you are looking for? Anne of Green Gables Wiki has separate articles for the various portrayals of Jerry Buote in the books, films, television series and other media. For a list of all versions, see our disambiguation portal.
Jerry comes from a very large and poor family. Instead of going to school, Jerry must work to help provide for his family.
Anne saw Jerry as a rival when he was hired as a farmhand at Green Gables. Anne wanted to prove that a girl could do all the things a boy could do and more, so that Marilla wouldn't be tempted to adopt a boy instead.
Jerry has short brown hair, fair skin and brown eyes.
Jerry is easygoing and practical. He is hardworking and not prone to flights of fancy like Anne.
Anne resented Jerry for "displacing [her] position in [her] very first family," since she had wanted to show her worth by helping out outdoors.
As of season 2, they have a sibling-like relationship. Anne and Jerry have become closer and she decides to teach him how to read and write.
Diana Barry Edit
Jerry took an immediate liking to Diana. Though they haven't interacted much, they're both on decent terms. Jerry once called Diana "the complete package" and "the most beautiful girl he's ever seen."
Diminutive of Jeremy, Jerome, Gerald, Geraldine, and other names beginning with the same sound. The name Jeremiah comes from the Hebrew name יִרְמְיָהוּ (Yirmiyahu) meaning "Yahweh will exalt", from the roots רוּם (rum) meaning "to exalt" and יָה (yah) referring to the Hebrew God. This is the name of one of the major prophets of the Old Testament, the author of the Book of Jeremiah and the Book of Lamentations (supposedly). He lived to see the Babylonian destruction of Jerusalem in the 6th century BC. In England, though the vernacular form Jeremy had been occasionally used since the 13th century, the form Jeremiah was not common until after the Protestant Reformation.
Behind the scenesEdit
- The CBC website describes him as, Jerry is a young French Canadian farmhand. Because of his stoic, implacable, practical nature, he and Anne bicker constantly.
|Anne of Green Gables Wiki has 8 images of Jerry Buote (view category).|
Season 1 (Anne with an E)
- "Your Will Shall Decide Your Destiny"
- "I Am No Bird, and No Net Ensnares Me"
- "But What Is So Headstrong as Youth?"
- "An Inward Treasure Born"
- "Tightly Knotted to a Similar String"
- "Remorse Is the Poison of Life" (mentioned only)
- "Wherever You Are Is My Home"
Season 2 (Anne with an E)
- "Youth Is the Season of Hope"
- "Signs Are Small Measurable Things, But Interpretations Are Illimitable"
- "The True Seeing Is Within"
- "The Painful Eagerness of Unfed Hope"
- "The Determining Acts of Her Life"
- "I Protest Against Any Absolute Conclusion"
- "What We Have Been Makes Us What We Are"
- "The Growing Good of the World"
| Billy Andrews · Jane Andrews · Prissy Andrews · Diana Barry · Eliza Barry · Minnie May Barry · William Barry|
Jerry Baynard · Gilbert Blythe · Tillie Boulter · Marilla Cuthbert · Matthew Cuthbert · Ruby Gillis · Sebastian Lacroix
Rachel Lynde · Cole Mackenzie · Mary · Mr. Phillips · Josie Pye · Anne Shirley · Charlie Sloane · Moody Spurgeon
| Mr. Andrews · Mrs. Andrews · Mr. Avery · Bank Manager · Josephine Barry · Mrs. Blewett · John Blythe · Constance|
Michael Cuthbert · Doctor · Mr. Dunlop · Mr. Gillis · Mrs. Gillis · Mr. Hammond · Mrs. Hammond · Hazel · Jeannie · Mary Joe
Jocelyn · Thomas Lynde · Matron · Minister · Mrs. Morrison · Nathaniel · Pawnbroker · Mrs. Pye · Miss Rogerson · Rollings
Mrs. Spencer · Stationmaster · Dr. Ward