January 8 is the 8th day of the year. There are 356 days until the end of the year (357 in leap years).
Behind the scenesEdit
- 1919 — Madge Ryan, who portrayed Rachel Lynde in the 1975 TV series Anne of Avonlea, was born in Townsville, Queensland, Australia.
- 1919 — Gabrielle Blunt, who played Maria Spofford in Anne of Avonlea (1975), was born in Herne Bay, England, United Kingdom.
- 1954 — Part 1 of the Canadian radio drama Anne of Green Gables was broadcast on CBC Radio.
- 1979 — Sarah Polley, who portrayed Sara Stanley in Road to Avonlea (1990–1996), was born in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
- 2011 — Peter Donaldson, who played Reverend Leonard in Road to Avonlea (1990–1996), died in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
- 2014 — "Call Me Cordelia", the first weekly vlog of Anne Shirley and a Green Gables Fables episode, premiered on YouTube.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.