|"If Cordelia isn't your name, what is?"|
Is Eliza Barry the article you are looking for? Anne of Green Gables Wiki has separate articles for the various portrayals of Mrs. Barry in the books, films, television series and other media. For a list of all versions, see our disambiguation portal.
Eliza has British roots which is clear in her accent but also was mentioned by her daughter Diana. It's unclear exactly how she ended up in Avonlea, though one can guess that she moved due to her marriage to William.
Mrs. Barry looks a lot like her eldest, Diana. They both have beautiful faces, dark hair, dark eyes, and wear elegant dresses fitting women of high class.
On the outside, Mrs. Barry doesn't appear to be a friendly woman. She judged Anne unfairly after she accidentally gave Diana currant wine and wouldn't listen to her daughter when she told her that it wasn't Anne's fault. However, under it all, she is actually a very kind and loving woman, wife, and mother. Her coldness with her husband William after the gold scam was a cover, because she wished to be included so William wouldn't blame himself. And her insistence on sending Diana to Europe though she wanted to go to Queens was only because she wanted the best for her daughter. She's also shown to be able to own up to her mistakes when Anne saved Minnie May.
Mrs. Barry loves her daughter Diana dearly. When she was accidentally given currant wine, she forbid Diana from being friends with Anne, even though it was an accident. This put a strain on their relationship. However, after Anne saved Minnie May, she allowed them to be friends again, restoring the closeness between them.
In the beginning, Mrs. Barry seemed to like Anne decently. But her opinion turned sour when she gave Diana currant wine. When she saved Minnie May's life, her opinion changed greatly. She allowed Anne to come with her family to Charlottetown.
Behind the scenesEdit
|Anne of Green Gables Wiki has 23 images of Mrs. Barry (view gallery).|
Season 1 (Anne with an E)
- "Your Will Shall Decide Your Destiny"
- "I Am No Bird, and No Net Ensnares Me"
- "An Inward Treasure Born"
- "Tightly Knotted to a Similar String"
- "Remorse Is the Poison of Life"
- "Wherever You Are Is My Home"
Season 2 (Anne with an E)
- "Youth Is the Season of Hope"
- "Signs Are Small Measurable Things, But Interpretations Are Illimitable"
- "The True Seeing Is Within"
- "The Painful Eagerness of Unfed Hope"
- "I Protest Against Any Absolute Conclusion"
- "Memory Has as Many Moods as the Temper"
- "Struggling Against the Perception of Facts"
- "The Growing Good of the World"
Season 3 (Anne with an E)
- "A Secret Which I Desired to Divine"
- "What Can Stop the Determined Heart"
- "A Hope of Meeting You in Another World"
- "I Am Fearless and Therefore Powerful"
- "The Summit of My Desires"
- "A Strong Effort of the Spirit of Good"
- "Great and Sudden Change"
- "A Dense and Frightful Darkness"
- "The Better Feeling of My Heart"