|"I read in a book once that a rose by any other name would smell as sweet, but I've never been able to believe it. I don't believe a rose would be as nice if it was called a thistle or a skunk-cabbage."|
This article is about the character from Anne with an E (2017–2019). You may be looking for Cole Brannan, the character from Ana of California (2015).
Cole is very tall with light hair.
Cole is a quiet, kind and artistic young boy who has a love for drawing, and sculpting. He is shown to be friends with both Diana and Anne who attend the same school as him. Later on, in season 2, it is shown that Anne and Cole have an intense friendship which later on helps reveal that Cole is gay.
Cole takes a quick liking to Anne, even drawing her in his art book. They become fast friends and he has been seen over at green gables before the winter play. Anne had defended him against Josie Pye after he refused to kiss Josie and was called a freak. He, being as tall as he is, snatched Anne's belonging away from Billy Andrews after he grabbed it from her. During spin the bottle, Anne took her turn and no boy wanted to kiss her since she was an orphan, so he quickly stood up and said he would, causing both of them to be ridiculed, in which Anne pulled him down and kissed his cheek, both smiled.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Cole is a character original to Anne with an E.
|Anne of Green Gables Wiki has 8 images of Cole Mackenzie (view category).|
Season 2 (Anne with an E)
- "Signs Are Small Measurable Things, But Interpretations Are Illimitable"
- "The Painful Eagerness of Unfed Hope"
- "The Determining Acts of Her Life"
- "I Protest Against Any Absolute Conclusion"
- "Memory Has as Many Moods as the Temper"
- "Struggling Against the Perception of Facts"
- "What We Have Been Makes Us What We Are"
- "The Growing Good of the World"
Season 3 (Anne with an E)
- "There Is Something at Work in My Soul Which I Do Not Understand"
- "A Hope of Meeting You in Another World"
- "The Better Feeling of My Heart"