Anne is excited to begin school and make friends, but is unprepared for the bullying that occurs when she doesn't fit in. Marilla too, is testing new waters as she accepts an invitation to join a "Progressive Mothers" group.
- Amybeth McNulty as Anne Shirley
- Geraldine James as Marilla Cuthbert
- R.H. Thomson as Matthew Cuthbert
- Dalila Bela as Diana Barry
- Corrine Koslo as Rachel Lynde
- Aymeric Jett Montaz as Jerry Baynard
- Lucas Jade Zumann as Gilbert Blythe
- Kyla Matthews as Ruby Gillis
- Miranda McKeon as Josie Pye
- Lia Pappas-Kemps as Jane Andrews
- Christian Martyn as Billy Andrews
- Glenna Walters as Tillie
- Jacob Horsley as Charlie Sloane
- Jacob Ursomarzo as Moody Spurgeon
- Ella Jonas Farlinger as Prissy Andrews
- Stephen Tracey as Mr. Phillips
- Janet Porter as Mrs. Andrews
- Sarah Wilson as Mrs. Bell
- Krystina Bojanowski as Mrs. Morrison
- Ashley Magwood as Mrs. MacPherson
- Rachel Cairns as Mrs. Phelan
- Chick Roberts as Old Teacher
- Kyle Meagher as Billy's Pal #1
- Daimen Landori-Hoffman as Billy's Pal #2
- Director: Sandra Goldbacher
- Writer: Moira Walley-Beckett
Behind the scenesEdit
- Chick Roberts, who plays Old Teacher, previously portrayed Avonlea Townsman in Anne of Green Gables: The Sequel (1987) and Mr. Biggins in Road to Avonlea (1990–1996).
- Jane recalls seeing Anne at the picnic which she attended with her mother and older siblings, Billy and Prissy. It occurred in the previous episode, "I Am No Bird, and No Net Ensnares Me".
- This episode marks the first appearances of Ruby Gillis, Josie Pye, Tillie Boulter, Moody Spurgeon, Charlie Sloane, Mr. Phillips, Gilbert Blythe, Billy's two pals, Mrs. Bell, Mrs. Morrison, Mrs. MacPherson, Mrs. Phelan and Old Teacher.
- The title of this episode is a reference to Chapter 22 of Jane Eyre, Charlotte Brontë's novel which had an influence on L.M. Montgomery's writing. The titular character works as a teacher for wealthy Mr. Rochester, whom she secretly loves. Jane is thinking of him, even though she believes he is not thinking of her. She is aware that feelings towards him are pointless, But what is so headstrong as youth? What so blind as inexperience?
|Anne of Green Gables Wiki has 20 images from But What Is So Headstrong as Youth? (view gallery).|
- Some of the following videos are geographically restricted to the viewers from Canada by the channel's owner, CBC. We are including them nonetheless.