Anne of Green Gables: The Animated Series, later rebranded as Anne: The Animated Series, is an animated television show produced by Sullivan Entertainment and created by Kevin Sullivan.
Anne of Green Gables the award-winning series presents 26 entertaining and educational episodes. By watching this series, you are able to follow Anne as her out of control imagination leads her through many different adventures, which demonstrate important lessons in loyalty, resolving conflict and problem-solving. So why not join Anne and her friends in both difficult times and lots of laughter in this animated, family friendly version of Anne of Green Gables that you are sure to enjoy.
The opening sequence of the series begins at the orphanage. The next day, Anne decided to pack her stuff up, and starts to run out of the orphanage. As she rans faster, and faster, and then she lifts herself off the ground, and magically began to fly. Anne flies through the fields, and off of the cliff. She was very happy, that she is 50 feet up high. She holds her hat on her head, as flies up into the sky.
This song is the introduction to every episode and is sung by Bryn McAuley.
Once upon an orphanage
My life was a near tragic state
I longed to find a brighter place
Somewhere full of love and grace
I dream of fields with a cool ocean breeze
A home for my own family
When I got my wish I pinched myself
To make sure this home was real
They sent for a boy but then I was a girl
My dreaming had just let me down again
If I came as a queen with long ebony hair
Then maybe they'd feel I was worth it for them
I'm a good worker in spite of my talking
I've longed to belong here for all of my life
Don't send me away without seeing what I see
Everything I touch is full of delight
I'll do my best to not let you down
I can imagine a world full of joy
Just give me your hand and I'll teach you to hope
You'll find that I have something worthwhile
Just let me stay here and I'll love you forever
I promise a life full of smiles
- Main article: Anne of Green Gables: The Animated Series/Episodes
There have been four novelisations of Anne of Green Gables: The Animated Series published.
- Anne's New Home, by Kevin Sullivan and Elizabeth Morgan
- Anne's Red Hair, by Kevin Sullivan and Leslie Goldman
- Anne's Babysitting Blues, by Leslie Goldman and based on "Babysitter Blues"
- Anne and the Bully, by Leslie Goldman and based on "A Bully by the Horns"
Behind the scenesEdit
- Wayne Robson (Matthew Cuthbert) also played Amos Spry in three episodes of Road to Avonlea (1990–1996).
- Patricia Gage (Marilla Cuthbert) portrayed Mrs. Hardy in "Old Quarrels, Old Love", the fifth episode of Season 2 of Road to Avonlea.
- Zachary Bennett (Lorne) is better known for his role as Felix King in Road to Avonlea (1990–1996) and Happy Christmas, Miss King (1998).
- Richard Binsley (Mr. Lawson) played Stationmaster in L.M. Montgomery's Anne of Green Gables (2016).
- Rosemary Dunsmore (E.J. Lark) also played Katherine Brooke in Anne of Green Gables: The Sequel (1987) and Abigail MacEwan in Road to Avonlea.
- Patricia Hamilton (Rachel Lynde) portrayed another incarnation of Rachel Lynde in Anne of Green Gables (1985), Anne of Green Gables: The Sequel (1987), Road to Avonlea (1990–1996), Happy Christmas, Miss King (1998), Anne of Green Gables: The Continuing Story (2000) and Anne of Green Gables: A New Beginning (2008).
- Dalene Irvine (Felicity King) played Ginny Andrews in the Anne of Green Gables: The Continuing Story (2000).
- Keith Knight (Willow) portrayed Reverend Fitzsimmons in Road to Avonlea (1990–1996).
- Kim Kuhteubl (Amelia Evans) provided the voice of Alice Lawson in Anne: Journey to Green Gables. She was incorrectly credited as Kim Kuthable.
- Sheila McCarthy (Mrs. King) played the role as Betty Blaine in "King of the Great White Way", the sixth episode of Season 7 of Road to Avonlea. She also portrayed Laura Murray in Emily of New Moon, a TV series based on another novel by L.M. Montgomery.
- Linda Sorensen (Hetty King, Camilla) played Isabelle Carrington in "Strictly Melodrama", the eighth episode of Season 5 of Road to Avonlea.
- Adrian Truss (Mr. Gresham, Mr. Lawson and Bank Teller) played minor roles in three episodes of Road to Avonlea.
- Philip Williams (Mr. Breen) also played Mr. Duncan in Road to Avonlea (1990–1996) and Thomas Lynde in Anne with an E (2017–2019).
- Tracey Moore (Dryad (Toad), Helen, Snapdragon and Wildflower) played the role as Anne Shirley in the 1986 Charlottetown production of Anne of Green Gables: The Musical.
|Anne of Green Gables Wiki has 21 images of Anne of Green Gables: The Animated Series (view gallery).|
|Anne of Green Gables Wiki has 79 images from Anne of Green Gables: The Animated Series (view gallery).|