Anne of Avonlea is a 1975 six part mini-series created by the BBC. It was directed by Joan Craft and stars Kim Braden as Anne Shirley. It is based on Anne of Avonlea and Anne of the Island by L.M. Montgomery.
This 1975 BBC television adaptation of L.M. Montgomery's beloved novel follows a maturing Anne Shirley (Kim Braden) on her journey from freckle-faced girl to beautiful woman. While working as a schoolteacher, Anne continues to pursue her dream of becoming a published writer by winning a baking soda company's essay contest; fends off several suitors; and returns to Avonlea whenever she can to visit her adoptive mother, Marilla (Barbara Hamilton).
- Main article: Anne of Avonlea (TV series)/Episodes
- Costumes: Joyce Rixon Macken
- Designer: Antony Thorpe
- Director: Joan Craft
- Film Cameraman: Phil Meheux
- Film Editor: Alastair MacKay
- Film Sound: Stan Nightingale
- Makeup: Christine Beveridge
- Music Arranged by: Ed Welch
- Music Played by: Jim Hughes
- Producer: John McRae
- Script Editor: Alistair Bell
- Studio Lighting: Peter Catlett
- Studio Sound: Alan Fogg
- Writer: Elaine Morgan
Behind the scenes
- Kim Braden, Barbara Hamilton, Jan Francis, Kim Hardy and Zuleika Robson returned as cast members in their roles as Anne Shirley, Marilla Cuthbert, Diana Barry, Ruby Gillis and Jane Andrews respectively.
- Christopher Blake replaced Robin Halstead in the role as Gilbert Blythe. Halstead portrayed Gil in four episodes of the 1972 TV series Anne of Green Gables.
- Avis Bunnage left the cast and was replaced by Madge Ryan in the role as Rachel Lynde.
- Gordon Sterne replaced Edmond Bennett in the role of Thomas Lynde. Bennett portrayed Thomas in two episodes of Anne of Green Gables.
- Valerie Colgan, who played Mrs. Evans in Episode 6, had also portrayed Lucilla Harris in Anne of Green Gables (1972).
- The series was reaired only once, from January 2 to February 6, 1977, on BBC.
- In this adaptation, Anne and Philippa Gordon live at Patty's Place with Jane Andrews instead of Priscilla Grant and Stella Maynard. Additionally, Jamesina is the aunt of Jane rather than Stella.
|Anne of Green Gables Wiki has 7 images of Anne of Avonlea (TV series) (view gallery).|
|Anne of Green Gables Wiki has 30 images from Anne of Avonlea (TV series) (view category).|
|Anne of Green Gables (1972) (gallery) · Anne of Avonlea (1975) (episodes · gallery)|
|Anne of Green Gables episodes|
|Episode 1 · Episode 2 · Episode 3 · Episode 4 · Episode 5|
|Anne of Avonlea episodes|
|Episode 1 (gallery) · Episode 2 (gallery) · Episode 3 (gallery) · Episode 4 (gallery) · Episode 5 (gallery) · Episode 6 (gallery)|