Imaginative Anne Shirley is sent to Grout Orphanage owned by sinister Madame Poubelle; where Anne’s wild imagination and storytelling antics land her in big trouble. Luckily she escapes to the pastoral world of Green Gables, where she is adopted by elderly couple Matthew and Marilla Cuthbert. Finding friends and acceptance for once in her life, all of Anne’s dreams come true. However the evil Poubelle is determined to have Anne back in her clutches. A vanishing heirloom, blundered disguises and a hot air balloon ride provide a climax to a charming new version of this traditional classic.
- Additional Animation: Hanho Heung-up Co., Korea
- Animation Supervisor: Wayne Lee Pack
- Animators: Mark Ackland, Ian Blum, Brian Couglan, Trevor Dean-Freeman, Blair Kitchen, Rochelle Kitchen, Kevin Micallef, Eileen Middleton
- Assistant Animators: Jim Bridle, Joel de la Cruz, Brad Hughes, Chris Palimaka
- Assistant Director: Wayne Lee Pack
- Assistant HD Fire Editor: Pietro Gallo
- Assistant Layout Supervisor: Barry Oehm
- Assistant Sound Editor: Sheila Murray
- Assistants to the Producers: Remi Fernhout, Len Remedios
- Associate Producer: Cherri Hurst
- Background Co-ordinator: Warren Shepherd
- Background Key Painters: Alexander Ahilov, Steve Murray, Ben Shannon, Lin Qju
- Background Painters: Meagan Bennell, Goran Bukvic, Angela Cabral, Piper Courchesne, Dejan Dimitrijevic, Laura Dundas, Alexsander Ivanisevic, Grigor Kuzmanov, Daniella Lazarova, Oleg Lipchenko, Kamen Nikolov, Colin Nordell, Lin Qju, Svetlana Ristic, Dragan Samardzija, Sladjana Samardzija, Alice Sinkner, Bojana Videkanic, Bojan Zoric
- Background Supervisor: Vlad Ignatovic
- Character Designers: Mark Ackland, Eugene McDermott
- Clean-up Artists: Kyung Hee Boker, Blayne Burnside, Yeon-Tae Choi, Michael Demur, Regnerito Frondozo, Aputik Gardiner, Yasser Haider, Lisa Harlton, Mike Helmer, Myunghee Heo, John Hinshelwood, Martin Hopkins, Sandy Kellerman, Roland L'ecuyer, Brad Lucas, Paul Mota, Michael Milligan, Tom Nagy, Vicki Pul, Pamela Rose, Jan Rosicki, Mahrash Tehrani, Ian Williams, Seung-Gwan Yang
- Colour Styling: Vlad Ignatovic, Brenda Wood
- Colourist: Kenn Elliott
- Composers and Conductors: Peter Breiner, Don Gillis
- Compositors: Brian Cooper, Rob Fiumano, Brian Harriman, Catherine Leuverink, Ian Marrs, Carin McInroy, Glen McLeod, Steven Sanderson, Ryan Smith, Angela To, Thomas Vogt
- Design Clean-up: Diana Berson
- Design Co-ordinators: Cindy Kong, Natalie Turner, Brenda Wood
- Design Supervisors: Satjit Matharu, Dave Quesnelle
- Dialog Editor: Scott McCrorie
- Digital Effects Design: Seamus O'Keeffe
- Digital Film Operators: Kevin Chandoo, Patrick Kerrigan
- Digital Paint and Compositing Co-ordinator: Brenda Wood
- Digital Paint and Compositing Supervisor: Seamus O'Keeffe
- Digital Painters: Tara Campbell, Elisa Dalmacio, Amedeo de Palma, Derek Geldart, Laleh Ladjevardi, Tania Nikolova, Karen O'Keeffe, Editha Payumo, Nora San Jose, Tomoko Sasaki, Anthony Valentyne, David Volf
- Director: Kevin Sullivan
- Director of Information Systems: Greg Battle
- Editor: Mhairi Kerr
- Effects Design: Pang FX
- Effects Editors: Doug Hubert, Hamish MacKenzie
- Executive Producers: Trudy Grant, Kevin Sullivan, Andy Sykes
- Foley Artist: Sid Lieberman
- Foley Artist Assistant: John MacDonald
- Foley Editor: Richard Segal
- Foley Recordist: John Dykstra
- HD Editors: Fernando Guerreiro, Will Hearn
- HD Fire Editor: Brian Reid
- Junior Character Designers: Robin Boyko, Kevin Price
- Layout Artists: Alexander Ahilov, Robert Barton, Suzanne Dargie-Lynes, Jenny Haskins, Chris Hayes, Sean V. Jeffrey, Kevin Klis, Kent Madden, Eugene McDermott, Kevin McDonald, Glen McLeod, Dolores Moreira, Colin Nordell, Terry Rotsaert, Ramon Storr, John Stuart, Ron Wilson
- Layout Assistant: Elisa Dalmacio
- Layout Supervisor: Terry Lenko
- Lead Mixer: Mike Baskerville
- Leica Editors: Jason Irvine, Shawn Kalb, Mhairi Kerr
- Lip Assignment: Cathy Parks
- Location Designers: Mark Komza, Marcin Lichowski
- Music Editors: Stephen Hudecki, Ben Wilkinson
- Network Administrator: Mike Haas
- Overseas Supervisor: Denis Deegan
- Posing Artists: Mark Ackland, Stephen Baker, Chris Cann, Trevor Dean-Freeman, Joe Glampapa, Blair Kitchen, Rochelle Kitchen, Kevin Micallef, Kevin Price, Troy Quane, Phillip Williams
- Posing Co-ordinator: Mark Bathe
- Posing Supervisor: Scott Glynn
- Post Production Supervisor: Ben Wilkinson
- Producer: Christine Davis
- Production Accountant: Loretta Van Hart
- Production Assistants: Brad Adams, Cindy Kong, Dan Matthews, Catherine Roebuck
- Production Executive: Elizabeth Young
- Production Manager: Brent Ackland
- Props Designers: Iain Gordon, Roja Huchez, Shawn Pascuttini
- Recording Assistants: Remi Fernhout, Stephen Stephanic
- Recording Engineers: Andre French, Bill Hermans, Jon Malden
- Second Mixer: Jamie Sulek
- Sheets Direction: Steve Fitch
- Sound Editing Services: Super Sonics Inc., Christopher G. Harris, Scott McCrorie
- Sound Recording Studio: Manta Sound
- Storyboard Artists: John Flagg, Dan Nosella
- Storyboard Revision Artists: Jason James, Mike Tweedle
- Supervising Key Painter: Vlad Ignatovic
- VFX Manager: Mike Ellis
- VFX Producer: Fiona Campbell Westgate
- VFX Project Manager: Chad Malbon
- Voice and Casting Director: Jessie Thomson
- Writers: Michael MacLennan, Kevin Sullivan
Behind the scenes
- Bryn McAuley, who was the voice actress of Anne Shirley in Anne of Green Gables: The Animated Series, was replaced by Mckenzie Sullivan. Emily Hampshire, who provided the voice of Diana Barry, was replaced by Rebecca Peters.
- Wayne Robson (Matthew Cuthbert) also portrayed Amos Spry in three episodes of Road to Avonlea (1990–1996).
- Patricia Gage (Marilla Cuthbert) played Mrs. Hardy in one episode of Road to Avonlea (1990–1996).
- Lally Cadeau (Madame Poubelle) also portrayed Janet King, one of the main characters in Road to Avonlea (1990–1996) and Happy Christmas, Miss King (1998).
- Cedric Smith (Tupper) played Reverend Allan in the 1985 film Anne of Green Gables and Alec King in Road to Avonlea (1990–1996) and Happy Christmas, Miss King (1998).
- Mike Beaver (Wilfred) also played Doctor Thomas in the 2008 film Anne of Green Gables: A New Beginning.
- Patricia Hamilton (Rachel Lynde) portrayed another incarnation of Rachel Lynde in Anne of Green Gables, Anne of Green Gables: The Sequel (1987), Road to Avonlea (1990–1996), Happy Christmas, Miss King (1998), Anne of Green Gables: The Continuing Story (2000) and Anne of Green Gables: A New Beginning (2008).
- Dalene Irvine (Felicity King) also played Ginny Andrews in Anne of Green Gables: The Continuing Story (2000).
- Linda Sorensen (Hetty King) appeared in the role as Isabelle Carrington in Road to Avonlea (1990-1996).
- Sara Botsford (Mrs. Barry and Frau Schuller) also portrayed Marilla Cuthbert in L.M. Montgomery's Anne of Green Gables (2016), L.M. Montgomery's Anne of Green Gables: The Good Stars (2017) and L.M. Montgomery's Anne of Green Gables: Fire & Dew (2017).
- Kim Kuhteubl (Alice Lawson) provided the voice of Amelia Evans in Anne of Green Gables: The Animated Series (2000–2001) where she was incorrectly credited as Kim Kuthable.
- Some of the cast members were not listed in the ending credits, namely the actors who provided the voices of Mr. Hammond, Officer, Stationmaster and Mr. King. Their real names have not been revealed yet.
|Anne of Green Gables Wiki has 3 images of Anne: Journey to Green Gables (view gallery).|
|Anne of Green Gables Wiki has 139 images from Anne: Journey to Green Gables (view gallery).|
Behind the scenes